Accountant II - (STA007557)
Performs professional accounting work responsible for a major business area, such as student billing system, Federal Title IV programs, and so forth.
- Maintains the accounting of a major business area, including table maintenance, submission, reconciliation of data feed, account reviews and corrections.
- Ensures that all system-related transactions are made in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and federal, state, university and NACUBO guidelines.
- Prepares journal entries to correct FRS records; conducts monthly reconciliations; prepares cash receipts for cash received through Electronic Funds Transfer; review transfers to state or federal agencies; may calculate and record the reserve for bad debt.
- Assists college/department business administrators with questions relating to the accounting activity.
- Conducts contract compliance review to ensure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements.
- Prepares recurring financial reports for state and/or federal agencies and may prepare Profit and Loss Statements.
- Advises manager on accounting issues and may coordinate office activities in the manager's absence.
- May review departmental accounting practices to ensure compliance with guidelines; conduct review of department cash handling practices; conduct review of cash incident reports; follow-up on cash deposit discrepancies; and, make recommendations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston