AS- 21-12 - Assistant Professor in Translation
Expected Start Date: Spring 2022
Deadline: July 30, 2021
The Department of Humanities at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Translation. The department is seeking a qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising. Preference will be given to applicants who are able to undertake interdisciplinary research and teaching that combines translation studies and other disciplines such as literature, linguistics, journalism, and media. Expertise related to gender will be an asset.
- Teach translation courses at the undergraduate level
- Supervise senior study projects
- Supervise students’ internship
- Advise and mentor students
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Conduct research
- Engage in service to the department, the school and the university
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities
- A PhD in Translation Studies from a well-recognized University
- Specialization in one or two interdisciplinary fields of translation.
- Evidence of scholarship and research
- Evidence of an established research agenda
The Department of Humanities consists of 9 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of Humanities are dedicated to excellence in teaching and the faculty is engaged in research and service to the institution and the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: email@example.com . The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no.AS-21-12, in the subject line of the email
Apply for AS- 21-12 - Assistant Professor in Translation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly