Associate or Full Professor (WOT) Odessa Brown Children's Medical Director of Operations -Pediatrics
The University of Washington, Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics and Seattle Children’s Hospital invites applications for a 1.0 FTE leadership position as an Associate or Full Professor (without tenure) on the Clinician-Scholar Pathway. Rank is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a 12-month service period (July 1 – June 30). Anticipated start date Winter 2021.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Medical Director for the Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic (Central and Othello campuses) and provide medical leadership including quality improvement, health equity innovation, integrated health services, clinical program development, and advancements in resident education and engagement.
The Medical Director will be expected to work closely with departmental and hospital administration to:
- Assure that the policies and the practice of patient care, teaching, and research in the clinic are consistent with the needs and goals of the medical center and the academic department of pediatrics.
- Oversee the quality and efficiency of care delivered by all providers assigned to the clinic.
- Review and improve clinic operations, including business functions, faculty support, revenue, marketing, personnel issues, conflict resolution and patient safety.
- Coordinate and oversee educational experiences in the clinic for medical students and pediatric residents, ensuring that these are consistent with stipulated educational goals and meet the residency-specific guidelines for the number of clinic sessions and volume of patients seen.
- Collaborate in design and implementation of innovative clinical programs that advance health equity, and focus on care for children with social and medical complexity, and integrate medical, social, and behavioral health needs in primary care.
All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service.
The successful candidate will have earned an MD, DO, or (foreign equivalent). be board certified in pediatrics and completed a fellowship in general academic pediatrics or equivalent postgraduate education and experience. The successful candidate will have relevant academic scholarship (publications, curriculae) and experience.
In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
If you are interested please apply via Interfolio for this position by submitting a CV, Cover Letter and Equity and Inclusion (EDI) Statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Pediatrics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle