Assistant Director, Contract Services
Assistant Director, Contract Services
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Develops, coordinates, and administers contracts for outsourced services for one or more defined operating entities within University Services. Monitors contracts for compliance with terms and conditions. Professional position responsible for daily supervision and management of the dining services and bookstore facilities, vending services and all other contracted services. Assist with agency emergency plan for the outsourced services. Monitors contracts for compliance with terms and conditions. The department liaison for all customer services delivered by contractors. Manages the facilities maintenance and request for the spaces the contractor occupies. Research new products and entrepreneurial activities that may be implemented to enhance customer experiences and communicating with students, faculty, and staff regarding implementation of new services and/or enhancement of existing services.
Functional Area 1: Operational
Percent Effort: 40%
- Serves as a primary liaison with contracting representatives to ensure compliance with contract specifications and resolution of problems and issues concerning contractor.
- Manages and evaluates contractor performance against contract specifications and recommends appropriate remedial action. Arbitrates University community claims or complaints occurring in performance of the contract.
- Liaisons with the contractors in planning and administering, purchasing, pricing, inventory, promotion, and marketing for outsourced services. Works with the contractors to develop and implement the promotion, and marketing of the dining services, bookstore services, vending (snack and beverage) and transportation services is sufficient. Monitors price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices for services provided by the contractors.
- Develops and implements outcomes that ensure excellent service, quality and competitive pricing offered by contractors; balanced with fiscal solvency. Develops key performance indicators for contracts. Leads the implementation of performance measures and other metrics to assess the productivity and quality of the contract. Manages the quality and performance standards using industry benchmarks and best practices for outsourced services. Works with contracting representatives to ensure quality and performance standards using contract and industry benchmarks to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
Functional Area 2: Administrative
Percent Effort: 45%
- Manages university property including computers, telephones, kitchen equipment and furnishings used by contractors when performing its duties and obligations under the contract. Directs, coordinates, and monitors all facets of the facilities housed by contractors. Responsible for inventory and maintenance of all kitchen and other equipment utilized by the contractors to provide services.
- Properly document significant contract terms and events. Verifies accuracy of invoices; processes payments consistent with contract terms utilizing University accounting services software. Manages accounting processes to assure sufficient funds are available to pay contractor and ensures compliance with all University accounts payable and receivable policies. Responsible for the accounting services reports and purchasing requisitions involved with outsourced services dining program, bookstore, vending- beverage and snack, banking services and transportation services.
- Manges and updates contractor's emergency management plans ensuring compliance with University emergency management plan.
Functional Area 3: Support
Percent Effort: 15%
- Assist the Director in preparing and processing RFP, closing out and implementing contractual services on campus.
- Assist and provide input into the formation, development and or reviewing of operating policies, procedures, and strategies for the department as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate contract records and documents, such as COIs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Six (6) years of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Computers and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment of rapidly changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in university auxiliary services especially outsourced services.
- Experience in mail services, university ID card service management and/or print service operations.
- Ability to manage accounts payable/receivable within accounting systems.
- Knowledge of contractor compliance issues and procedures as applicable to a public institution.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Director--Contract-Services_R-038924-1