University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $52,644 per year or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Responsible for designing and developing high quality, innovative, and engaging (a) learning content and training materials and (b) instructional and informational web pages that enhance knowledge retention and transfer. Responsibilities include: contributing as a collaborative member of an instructional design team; planning and managing instructional design projects that facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge and skills in an effective and appealing manner; conferring and advising project staff and other constituents on best practices in integrating technologies into training program design; ensuring training products and web design are WCAG compliant; providing training and technical support to staff and other constituents
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or education.
• 2 years of instructional design experience;
• Using web design software, HTML5, content management software, graphic design software, and desktop publishing software;
• Creating online training modules using e-learning content authoring tools such as Articulate, Softchalk, iSpring, Captivate;
• Creating multi-media content including the creation and editing of audio (.mp3) and video (.mp4) files;
• Writing copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts, and storyboards
• Developing online content and web pages that conform to WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
• Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or education.
• 3+ years of instructional design experience;
• Experience administering a learning management system (e.g., Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas);
• Experience working with people with disabilities;
• Experience using/writing in plain language;
• Experience supervising staff.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Set priorities, accomplish objectives in a timely manner, and manage several projects at once;
• Work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituents;
• Communicate effectively with internal and external constituents in the identification of needs and the design of online training solutions.
• Pedagogical, learning, and instructional design theories;
• Assessment and engagement strategies in online instructional design;
• At least one Learning Management System (LMS), including Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) standards and specifications;
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002769P
Posting Date: 04/12/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants need to address each individual required qualification, along with preferred qualifications that apply, in the letter of qualification.
Applications received before May 2, 2021 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.