Research Scientist Machine Learning
Research Scientist Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
Kostas Research Institute for Homeland Security of Northeastern University (KRI, LLC) is seeking a motivated Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence Data Scientist to join our collaborative, vibrant and dynamic research and development group working on groundbreaking research. We are looking for a driven, machine-learning computer scientist with capability to create complex processing pipelines for large data sets that include geospatial and UAV multimodal feeds. The successful candidate will pioneer technology for our next generation of software and tools and will collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of embedded software engineers, senior research engineers, PhDs, and Professors to define, validate, refine and implement in-house ML-AI many level neural networks for scalability and prototype development.
This position is located on the Northeastern Innovation Campus at Burlington, MA reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
All KRI, LLC opportunities require U.S. Citizenship
Research & Development
- Assess customer systems and processes for application of machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies to support their needs
- Create and prototype machine learning approaches to demonstrate efficacy
- Support algorithm implementation in various computing environments
- Coordinate with external agencies and research partners on emerging methods and technologies for the application of ML/AI to their needs
- Communicate advanced ML/AI concepts to senior leadership to facilitate decision making
- Perform basic and applied research in ML; document and present research results and the status of ongoing or emerging projects
Obtain Research Funding
- Write and/or contribute to research proposals and develop budgets and other technical project related materials
- Develop relationships, funding pipelines, and provide opportunities to further NU and KRI,LLC goals and objectives
- U.S. citizenship required
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret with SCI clearance
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years' experience in machine learning/statistical analysis, neural networks, and data mining
- Experience developing and implementing machine and deep learning algorithms
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal, and team player
- Current Top Secret with SCI clearance
- Fluency in C/C++, Python/R, Matlab, Unix and Linux systems, Open source repositories
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/502607