Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer
Morgan State University invites applications and nominations for the Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer position. As Maryland's Preeminent, Public Urban Research University, we seek an accomplished, transformational Human Resources senior professional who will lead Morgan State University in its desire to demonstrate the services of a 21st Century HR department. This position reports administratively to the Senior Executive Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Morgan State University, a Carnegie-classified R2 Doctoral/Research University, is an equal opportunity employer. Morgan serves a multi-ethnic and multi-racial student body and seeks to ensure that all individuals have access to higher education. Located in a charming residential area of northeast Baltimore near the historic neighborhoods of Morgan Park and Wilson Park, Morgan's impressive, 152-acre campus features state-of-the-art facilities geared toward innovative teaching and learning in the 21st century. The campus, designated as a National Treasure by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, offers a safe and inviting learning environment with easy access to the best the city has to offer: culture, exhibits, dining, shopping, activities, sightseeing, and employment. The off-campus opportunities also extend to community projects and civic engagement.
Among the nation's most diverse Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and the largest in Maryland, Morgan is a national leader in the number of applications from African American high school graduates and prepares diverse and competitive graduates to succeed in society. It offers more than 120 academic programs and is among the top five institutions in the United States in awarding baccalaureate degrees to African Americans in Engineering, Architecture, and Journalism. It also ranks among the top 20 institutions nationwide in the fields of Hospitality, Accounting, and Marketing. Each year, the University enrolls approximately 8,000 students, from all racial and ethnic backgrounds, in programs from the baccalaureate level through the doctorate. For more information, visit http://www.morgan.edu/.
The Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer (AVP/CHRO) serves as a strategic partner providing transformational leadership, management, consultation, policy direction, and oversight for all University human resource management functions, including employee and labor relations, collective bargaining, total compensation including benefits, wellness, classification and compensation, policies, employment procedures, talent acquisition and onboarding, human resource information systems, HR policy compliance and data analytics, performance management and organization and talent development, payroll, disability services, and university strategic workforce planning. The AVP/CHRO will lead the HR team and others performing HR-related work in improving overall processes and workflows to increase responsiveness, accuracy, efficiency, and compliance in HR functions. As the CHRO, she/he will create, articulate, and execute the Morgan vision of a 21st-century Human Resources department to support the University as it advances to meet its goal of becoming a research extensive institution. The AVP will lead a department that will help the University attract, develop, and retain a workforce prepared for the 21st-century.
- An advanced degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, HR/Labor/Employment Law, Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in various human resources, functional areas, including five years of senior-level administration experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in multiple Human Resources specializations, e.g., payroll and benefits, classification/compensation, retirement and insurance, succession planning, performance management, employee relations, data analytics, education/training, talent acquisition, outreach and talent development, collective bargaining and association negotiations contract administration, and employment law.
- Strong understanding of the digital HR environment. Working knowledge of information technology applications for Human Resources functions and proficiency with computer applications, such as Banner, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, People Admin, database systems, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, reviewing, and assessing an organization's Human Resources policies and procedures to reflect evolving employment trends, laws and ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated experience working with and serving multi-cultural, multi-ethnic communities.
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting Morgan State University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For best consideration, please submit application materials by July 31, 2021. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher and Associates. For a full application package, please provide a cover letter, CV, and list of five references. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Marion Frenche, Practice Leader,
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion,
Search Manager and Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277; 850-974-8696
Morgan State University is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly