Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Education
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The School of Education at Drexel University seeks applications
for a 9 month, full-time non-tenure-track Assistant Clinical
Professor position within the Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
Program. We seek an individual that will serve as a Faculty member
in the Teacher Education program with a focus on STEM teacher
preparation, in the Teaching, Learning and Curriculum department.
In this role, the successful candidate will develop and teach
undergraduate and graduate pedagogy courses that support both
education majors and non-education majors, establish and maintain
relationships within the local and broader PK-12 community, and
engage in scholarship and service.
Drexel’s School of Education’s vision includes five pillars: quality and improvement; equity and access; growth; innovation and creativity; and civic engagement. The School of Education has a mission to "develop leaders, researchers, and teachers who bring their knowledge and experiences to bear on critical education and learning challenges across a range of educational contexts, from those in the Philadelphia neighborhoods that surround Drexel to others around the globe.” In addition, the School of Education strives to be among the most civically engaged, practice-centric schools of education in the nation, one that places high-quality, experiential, immersive teaching and learning at the center of everything we do.
- Develop support the STEM education programs through teaching, program innovation and partnership building.
- Teaching and support of the Teacher Education programs, including undergraduate minor for DragonsTeach and DragonsTeach Middle Years, pathways for non-education majors to obtain a teaching certificate.
- Instruct in the program as well as develop and maintain relationships with current and new partners in the field.
- Work collaboratively with other faculty within and across programs, as well as staff and administration.
- PhD or Doctorate, STEM Education, Education or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Experience teaching science and mathematics pedagogy and methods courses and course development at the university level.
- Experience in or partnering with PK – 12 Education.
- History of partnerships and collaboration, particularly within and across departments and with PK-12 schools and/or school leaders.
- Experience teaching in person, online or in blended/hybrid formats using an array of learning technologies and platforms (e.g., Blackboard Learn).
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, and social justice through the design and implementation of teacher education courses and pedagogy.
- Experience supervising field experiences for education students.
- Existing relationships with local STEM educators and potential partners.
- Interest in developing and implementing professional development with partner teachers and schools.
- Knowledge of Computer Science certification requirements and experience supporting CS teachers.
- Clear commitment to working collaboratively with School of Education and University faculty.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Aston
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Aston
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Aston
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Aston