GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position may be located at either the Heber Springs or Searcy
campus. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge
of the discipline required to share in the teaching of secondary
and post-secondary students. The Welding instructor is responsible
for teaching in the classroom and lab environment. Welding
processes to be taught include, but are not limited
to, GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas
Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Fux Core Arc
Welding), SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), and Metal
Fabrication both in the basic and advanced
processes. NCCER and AWS D1.1 curriculum will
be used in the instruction. The instructor must be able to inspect
welds to grant AWS certifications, under the direct
supervision of a qualified AWS CWI, to the students
according to the AWS D1.1 and ASME guidelines.
It is preferred for the instructor to be able to also
provide OSHA safety training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide instruction in a classroom and a lab environment.
2. Provide NCCER Training Certifications.
3. Provide OSHA Training Certifications in accordance
with D1.1 and ASME Codes.
4. Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the Welding shop
5. Cultivate relationships with the Welding advisory committee
membership to achieve program and college goals. Maintain relevant
industry curriculum with the establishment of program level
outcomes for the welding program with the guidance of the advisory
6. Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual
program enrollment of at least 25 students.
7. Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and
Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program
8. Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the Welding
9. Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and
carry them out effectively as well as follow written
10. Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus
Management, Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Associate\‘s
degree. Three to Five years\’, verifiable, work-related experience
in structural welding or pipe welding field. Ability to
successfully pass a structural welding knowledge test and
a FCAW 3G with backing, a FCAW 4G with backing,
a SMAW 3G with backing, a SMAW 4G with backing
and a 6G Open V-Groove weld on Pipe with a 6010 root.