Instructor of Welding
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position may be located at either the Heber Springs or Searcy campus. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the discipline required to share in the teaching of secondary and post-secondary students. The Welding instructor is responsible for teaching in the classroom and lab environment. Welding processes to be taught include, but are not limited to, GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Fux Core Arc Welding), SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), and Metal Fabrication both in the basic and advanced processes. NCCER and AWS D1.1 curriculum will be used in the instruction. The instructor must be able to inspect welds to grant AWS certifications, under the direct supervision of a qualified AWS CWI, to the students according to the AWS D1.1 and ASME guidelines. It is preferred for the instructor to be able to also provide OSHA safety training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide instruction in a classroom and a lab environment.
2. Provide NCCER Training Certifications.
3. Provide OSHA Training Certifications in accordance with D1.1 and ASME Codes.
4. Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the Welding shop area.
5. Cultivate relationships with the Welding advisory committee membership to achieve program and college goals. Maintain relevant industry curriculum with the establishment of program level outcomes for the welding program with the guidance of the advisory committee members.
6. Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 25 students.
7. Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program goals.
8. Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the Welding program.
9. Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
10. Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Associate\‘s degree. Three to Five years\’, verifiable, work-related experience in structural welding or pipe welding field. Ability to successfully pass a structural welding knowledge test and a FCAW 3G with backing, a FCAW 4G with backing, a SMAW 3G with backing, a SMAW 4G with backing and a 6G Open V-Groove weld on Pipe with a 6010 root.