Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
The School of Nursing at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) seeks a full time 9 - month faculty member for a one year, non-tenured clinical assistant professor position. The individual in this rank will have completed a degree appropriate to the discipline, is licensed or certified to practice Nursing in the State of Tennessee and will demonstrate an ability to teach students in the clinical setting. The School of Nursing offers the BSN, MSN and DNP degree in Nursing and embraces the shared governance model as well as Boyer’s Model of scholarship.
Position: Non-Tenured Track Clinical Assistant Professor
Effective Date: August 1, 2021
- Teach and mentor, participate in scholarship activities
- Participate in the School of Nursing faculty organization and committees
- Assist in monitoring and supporting learner success and collaborate with curriculum development and revisions
- Master’s degree in Nursing. Doctoral preparation in nursing or related field preferred.
- Will consider a Bachelor of Science in Nursing if the Master’s or Doctorate will be completed by July 1, 2022.
- Recent clinical experience working with clients in acute care settings, medical-surgical nursing at all levels preferred
- Clinical instruction experience preferred
- Instruction using simulation preferred
Application Procedures :
- Submit a letter of interest,
- a current curriculum vita,
- copies of transcripts
- and a statement of teaching philosophy
- Inquiries may be made to Dr. Christine Smith via telephone at (423) 425-5766.
- Application review begins immediately and continues until the position if filled. Transcripts for all post-secondary academic work and three letters of professional reference are subject to be requested of all applicants during the screening process.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.