Coordinator Special Admissions/Advising
Coordinator Special Admissions/Advising
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Coordinator Special Admissions/Advising .
Coordinate student services for concurrent/dual credit enrollment programs and special admissions programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise, interview, and make admissions decisions for special admissions students, including dual credit and early admissions high school students, home school students, and students under 18 and not yet graduated from high school.
- Coordinate concurrent orientation programs and registration processes for service area high schools. Evaluate and process high school transcripts and admissions paperwork. Assist in implementing a communication plan related to concurrent enrollment for the counselors and principals of targeted high schools.
- Provide regular special admissions reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Partnerships and other college administrators. Prepare reports and evaluations of programs implemented.
- Communicate regularly with appropriate high schools and Collin staff regarding course scheduling, grades, calendar conflict, rosters, student schedules, professor information and deadlines.
- Check and verify concurrent permission forms, change student registration status in Banner, and resolve any issues for each registration period to ensure accuracy of state report. Assist in tracking and follow-up with prospective students.
- Work directly with Academic Deans, discipline leads and professors to resolve any dual credit issues/concerns.
- Travel within the county to promote college programs or to attend seminars, workshops, meetings, and travels between campuses as needed.
- Coordinate and plan department events including Dual Credit Faculty Orientation, High School Counselor Information Sessions, and Home School Dual Credit Information Nights. May assist the Associate Dean of Academic Partnerships with special projects and college initiatives, as assigned.
- Update special admissions procedures manual, forms, brochures and website.
- Provide regular training to advisors and others who work with special admissions students.
- Normal work hours are 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferred.
Experience working in a community college or university setting with student services, career services or cooperative education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Texas Administrative Code.
- Knowledge of Higher Education Coordinating Board policies.
- Knowledge of marketing, public relations, and presentation experience.
- Knowledge of report writing techniques, effectively communicating one's position, ideas, and recommendations in a manner that has impact upon the reader.
- Knowledge of current software used for word processing and spreadsheets to create reports and evaluations.
- Knowledge of business English with ability to write in complete sentences using appropriate words, correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Public speaking skills
- Writing and editing skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Positive relationship building skills
- Ability to use oral and written skills to convey ideas, facts, and information effectively and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Ability to formulate program objectives and identify appropriate activities to meet these objectives.
- Ability to identify what information is needed by others for effective actions.
- Ability to provide feedback, support, and encouragement to students.
- Ability to generate new ideas, concepts, or methods to improve service, programs, or operations.
- Ability to regularly pull, push, lift or carry objects up to approximately 50 pounds when assisting with special events related to recruiting.
- Ability to work indoors, outdoors or with constant noise while performing various recruiting tasks.
- Ability to work some evenings or varied schedule to assist with major department events/activities and peak traffic times for the department.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,315.00 - 49,812.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney