Call Center Specialist (Part-time)
Call Center Specialist (Part-time)
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Call Center Specialist (Part-time) .
Assist Financial Aid and Veteran Affairs students and parents via phone with the entire process of applying for benefits and aid, all the way through to receiving their award and benefit payments, while providing excellent customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to all inbound /outbound telephone calls via the Cisco Agent Desktop application regarding financial aid, veteran’s benefits and exemptions, research requested information, answer questions and inform students of current eligibility status using available resources.
- Provide financial aid program assistance to students regarding the application process for grants, loans, scholarships, work-study, and/or other information related to financial aid as well as information and assistance to students who need to submit documentation and/or additional information such as for verification, appeals, etc.
- Provide veterans benefits program assistance to students regarding the application process and/or other information related to the receipt of veterans benefits including assistance with submitting documentation and/or additional paperwork
- Research questions (that cannot be answered immediately) and respond to customer inquiries accurately and expediently. Responds to students questions and issues both telephonically and via email.
- Forward or escalate as appropriate, questions and/or issues that cannot be answered/handled at this level.
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures.
- Utilize Banner software to check students’ status and inform students of potential resolutions, next step or other options.
- Utilize Global Financial Services software (Global Core) to check students’ status and inform students of potential resolutions, next step or other options.
- Provide assistance to students and parents regarding how to log in, set up account and use of the Global portal.
- Provide personalized customer service at the highest level. Understands and satisfies customer needs. Capitalizes on opportunities to improve customer experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required.
Experience with Banner software, Global Financial Aid Services software (Global Core), Cisco Agent Desktop application and Veterans Affairs preferred.
At least sixty (60) credit hours or two (2) additional years of directly-related experience may be substituted to meet the education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid and veteran affairs regulations
- Knowledge of Collin policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Banner
- Knowledge of Global
- Knowledge of all associated websites where applications and/or required processes (e.g. FAFSA, GI BILL, student loans, NSLDS, Global, THECB, Collin.edu, etc.) are located
- Knowledge of available resources
- Organization skills
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to use Cisco Agent phone system and software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often stressful environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $16.49 - 16.49
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Financial Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney