Camp Middlesex Nurse
SALARY: $35.00 per/hour
OPENING DATE: 6/14/2021
CLOSING DATE: 6/25/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: Unaffiliated (Part-time, seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director Lifelong Learning, Camp Director
This position is responsible for the medical needs of campers and staff during an 8-week summer camp program for ages 7-15. The Nurse will have final say regarding someone attending camp in the morning and will take pride in the health and safety of campers and staff.
- Quickly assesses medical situations and takes care of injuries that may occur.
- Keeps the Camp Director informed of any serious medical issues.
- Administers medication or epi pens if needed, keep accurate records/logs, file and organizes children’s medical records, keeps track of medical supplies, and replenishes when needed.
- Communicates with parents, staff, and campers on a regular basis.
- Works with other staff and acts as one of the lead people during camper morning arrival.
- Takes temperature and asks COVID-19 related questions during dropoff.
- New Jersey Registered Nurse
- Three years of experience
- Able to think quick and make important decisions for well-being of students and staff regarding medical care
- Experience working with COVID-19 safeguards and precautions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
- Familiar with Covid-19 precautions and guidelines
- 5 years of experience or more
- Current School or Camp Nurse
- Experience working with children ages 7-15
SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week
June 28, 2021 to August 20, 2021 (No camp on July 5)
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.