This position supports students’ academic success and retention
through, counseling, psycho-educational activities, and referrals
to resources. This position maintains high student contact to
address barriers students may be facing to help support their
success at Baltimore City Community College. The counselor serves
under the division of Student Affairs and reports to the
coordinator of Student Support and Wellness Services.
- Plan and implement the delivery of individual mental health
counseling to support student academic success and retention,
including intake assessments, wellness plans, on-going counseling,
and crisis intervention.
- Maintain confidential, timely, and accurate documentation of
- Understand community and campus resources available to refer
students for additional supports as needed.
- Develop and facilitate support groups, psycho-educational
workshops, classroom presentations, and special events.
- Work collaboratively with special programs and departments
across campus divisions serving as a mental health expert.
- Serve as a consultant to faculty, staff, and administration
regarding students with behavioral or mental health concerns.
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to promote positive mental
- Serve as task supervisor to student graduate interns.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- LMSW or LCSW-C (license in good standing)
- Two years of clinical experience
- Two years working as part of a case management support team and
experience navigating community resources.