Administration and Finance Division
Description of College / Department / Program / Division / Unit
The Division of Administration and Finance is committed to providing quality campus services to faculty, staff, students, and external constituencies to support the university’s mission of teaching, research, and public service. The division includes Facilities Planning & Management, Budget, Human Resources, Information Technology Services, and Police & Parking Services.
The Division of Administration and Finance is committed to providing quality campus services to faculty, staff, students and external constituencies in support of the university’s mission of teaching, research, and public service. The division includes Facilities Planning & Management, Budget, Human Resources, Information Technology Services and Police & Parking Services.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Human Resources for Payroll and Operations, this position works collaboratively with other HRIS Analysts and performs complex functions with employment data. This position is responsible for interpreting and applying a wide variety of human resources rules, regulations, policies and procedures affecting multiple employment types.
The Human Resources Information Systems Analyst provides development and support of Human Resources employment data solutions deployed to UW-La Crosse, ( UWL ). The position provides maintenance, development, and support for Human Resources data and assists with the development of reporting tools.
This position will work closely with their IT, UW Shared Services, and Human Resources colleagues to bring together data from multiple sources to further reporting and analytical efforts on campus. This includes creating queries and reports and working with Human Resource data end users to support their efforts.
• Minimum of an Associates degree.
• Knowledge or ability to learn complex payroll policies and procedures such as: Fair Labor Standards Act ( FLSA ), UW System and UW-L policies.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of employees and employment data.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of payroll and human resources practices.
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in communicating and working effectively with a diverse variety of internal and external contacts.
• Ability to analyze complex issues, to research and gather information, maintaining effective flow of information
• Ability to work independently and as a team with exceptional organizational, problem solving prioritizing, multitasking, and decision making skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Experience with payroll software systems (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP Business Intelligence, etc).
• Experience with standard payroll forms (I-9, W-4, Contracts, etc.).
• Experience in a higher education payroll setting.
• Experience with Peoplesoft Human Resource Systems.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Associates degree or higher in HR, Accounting, Business Management, or related field.
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
•The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working conditions and environment
•Extended hours (including occasional weekend or holiday hours) may be necessary due to payroll deadlines.
•Occasional travel may be necessary for training purposes.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial package from the university.
• 22 days of vacation for 12-month positions (that are non-instructional)
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good coverage.
• paid holidays and sick days.
• sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health insurance post-work at UWL .
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and some of the strongest in state and nation.
Learn more at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/fasl20.pdf
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
The University of Wisconsin System and the University of Wisconsin–Madison are engaged in a redesign of job title and compensation structures. The Title and Total Compensation Project will result in relevant and market-informed titles to help us keep and grow our outstanding workforce. If you are the successful candidate, your title is subject to change in November 2021. For more information, visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
These are the job duties required for the position.
HR Data Support
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Work collaboratively with UW Shared Services to develop and process bi-weekly and off cycle payroll and benefit data.
• Work collaboratively with UW Shared Services to ensure employment data is properly entered into enterprise systems or other databases.
• Maintain and enter data as requested for maintenance of Human Resources Data.
•Provide direct response to campus stakeholders regarding their personal HR data or concerns with their payroll/employment data.
•Assist campus stakeholders in understanding their HR or employment related data in relation to UW and UWL policies and procedures.
Percentage Of Time
Audit, Compliance, Training & Miscellaneous
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Audit and correct preliminary payroll reports. Review any discrepancies and ensure the corrections are completed prior to the payroll confirm.
• Responsible for running, processing, and reviewing all payroll reports to ensure error-free payrolls.
• Perform and/or assist with payroll audits as requested by UW System, employees, supervisors, other departments, and/or HR leadership team.
• Investigate and suggest solutions to incorrect payroll payments.
• Calculate complicated payroll adjustments, reconcile and/or approve final reports required for payroll and/or absences.
Percentage Of Time
Query and Report Writing
Duties to Support Responsibility
• With direction and in coordination with Information Technology, and UW Shared Services, assist with the development and writing of reports and query tools
• Create reports using reporting software such as Tableau or Oracle BI Reports as needed.
Percentage Of Time
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Mindy J Thurin
Position Contact Email
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the application process.
- * Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- * Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- * Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- * After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- * Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a
UW System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the
last seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- * Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if hired.
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the US.
- * Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Financial Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse