Posting Number S01402 Position Title Maintenance Engineer Internal Position Title Maintenance Engineer Department Maintenance Position Type Staff Job Family Classified LCFT Job Summary
The Maintenance Engineer, under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Lead Maintenance Engineer, is responsible for performing general maintenance functions, including painting; electrical repairs; welding; carpentry; emergency plumbing repairs; hydraulic work; and snow removal.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three (3) years of related experience with demonstrated skills in one or more of the trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, as well as experience in preventive maintenance programs.
3. Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
4. Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis, and over 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, and maneuver in tight places (in and around machinery), with or without reasonable accommodations. Continuously walking or standing, frequent bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting and occasionally sitting.
5. Ability to work on lifts or ladders, with or without reasonable accommodations.
6. Ability to read and interpret technical manuals pertaining to facilities and equipment installed and serviced.
7. Effective communication skills.
8. Practical and demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
9. Ability to effectively handle working on multiple projects simultaneously.
10. Ability to fully support the mission and values of the College.
11. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Proficiency with Word and Excel.
2. Current CDL driver’s license.
3. Experience with preventive maintenance programs and using work order systems.
4. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date 06/14/2021 Closing Date 06/29/2021 Expected Start Date 07/06/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $20.70/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1) Performs corrective and general/preventive maintenance as directed by assigned work orders following all applicable procedures and safety practices. Utilizes maintenance checklists to determine any required maintenance or repair needs.
2) Performs general maintenance functions including painting of rooms and corridors, concrete repairs, and similar duties.
3) Performs electrical repairs to include lights, wires, switches, and other electrical needs.
4) Diagnosis and repairs plumbing problems and performs plumbing installations.
5) Performs welding repairs to include building equipment.
6) Performs necessary carpentry functions to include remodeling, construction, cleaning of projects, roof repairs, etc.
7) Ensures proper operation of all doors and locking mechanisms.
8) Performs hydraulic work to include pumps, controls, etc.
9) Assists in snow removal to include walks, entrances, and ice control.
10) Responds to after hour and emergency maintenance situations and snow removal calls.
11) Maintains required maintenance logs and assigned work order documentation. Completes accurate documentation and reports on a timely basis.
12) Participates in all workplace safety training and complies with all safety procedures/practices and utilizes all safety equipment as required. Identifies and immediately mitigates any unsafe conditions/hazards. Maintains knowledge of current MSDS as well as the handling, use, and storage of all chemicals used by the maintenance department.
13) Assists in room, program, and furniture set-ups, etc.
14) Demonstrates solid commitment to our Q- DIALS Program and participates with CLC goals and initiatives. Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
15) Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures, and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
16) Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities or designee.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of related
experience with demonstrated skills in one or more of the trades
such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, as well as experience in
preventive maintenance programs?
- * Do you have the ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to
70 lbs. on a regular basis, and over 70 lbs. on an occasional
basis, and maneuver in tight places (in and around machinery), with
or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and clean driving
- * Do you have a current CDL license?
- * Are you proficient in Word and Excel?
- * Do you have experience with preventive maintenance programs
and using work order systems?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake