Executive Assistant for Distinguished Faculty
Job Code/Title 80112 - H - Administrator AA 2 Position Number HU1132 Working Title Executive Assistant for Distinguished Faculty Department Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $20.00 - $25.08 per hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 Normal work days M-F, some weekends Normal work hours 8 a.m. - noon Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Executive Assistant for Distinguished Faculty will perform a variety of administrative and business activities including office management, and coordinating and maintaining effective connections with distinguished guests, other dignitaries, and faculty and students, who may interact with one another and other important constituencies associated with the Wilder School.
This position will report directly to Wilder School distinguished faculty member, the Honorable Governor L. Douglas Wilder.
Administrative support functions include handling correspondence; creating and using computer databases for tracking, monitoring, and reporting information; developing and maintaining filing and record keeping systems, fielding telephone calls, word processing and faxing; and other administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day activities of Governor Wilder’s office in the Wilder School.
Extensive software skills are required, as well as internet research abilities and strong communication skills, position flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Assignments will be varied and involve the regular use of judgment and discretion.
Candidates must have an ability to:
• Communicate with internal and external constituencies in support of the School mission.
• Coordinate and develop correspondence and mass e-emails for Governor Wilder and other (distinguished) faculty members as identified by his office
• Service as proofreader and make recommendation to reports and other written materials.
• Coordinate and prepare drafts of various presentations.
• Coordinate, collect and prepare various materials and weekly reports
• Collaborate with various entities (university, state and national) to meet and support the agenda of the Wilder School.
• Assist with special projects, such as School Commencement, Wilder Lecture Series, or the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs Excellence in Virginia Government Awards Program.
• Respond to citizen’s request for information relative to meetings, speaking engagements, appointments and other concerns
• Assist with the coordination of travel arrangements
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned in support of the Wilder School
Example of professional judgment for this position:
Determine the appropriate format and content for presentations to include public speaking and for external presentations.
Due to the nature of this position you must be able to work a flex schedule at the discretion of the Wilder School distinguished faculty member, the Honorable Governor L. Douglas Wilder.
Associate’s degree (in business, communications, administration, or related field) or the equivalent in training and work experience, and professional experience in an administrative and/or office management setting.
Bachelor’s degree (in business, communications, administration, or related field) or the equivalent in training and 3-5 years of professional work experience in an administrative and/or office management setting, preferably at an institution of higher education.
Job Open Date 06/14/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications must be submitted online through e-jobs https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106896
All applications should include a cover letter and a detailed resume with the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume does not take the place of work experiences on the application.
“Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.”
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106896 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Have you worked in environments where the ability to maintain
confidentiality was imperative? Please elaborate.
(Open Ended Question)
- Describe how you would maintain confidentiality in the
(Open Ended Question)
- Describe the types of time management skills you use and why
they are effective?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond