University Code 33235 University Title Senior Research Analyst 2 University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Poll Director Position Number 592940 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Poll Director will be responsible for coordinating and conducting all Commonwealth Polls and client-based polls for the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs. The Poll Director will be responsible for the following:
1) Developing poll questions in collaboration with Wilder School faculty, state and local policy makers, and key stakeholders;
2) Coordinating and managing the contract with the Call Center vendor;
3) Conducting poll research and developing design methodology and sampling and analysis to ensure best practices;
4) Preparing all poll reports including cross tabs, top lines, data visualization and infographics;
5) Maintaining the Commonwealth Poll website and social media presence;
6) Working to bring in additional customer polling contracts for local and state agencies and non-profits organizations;
7) Teaching up to two courses annually.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Minimum Hiring Standards:
● Masters Degree.
● 3 years of relevant experience conducting polling research.
● Experience conducting public policy analysis.
● Strong survey design and analysis skills.
● Experience polling in underrepresented communities.
● Experience presenting poll results to diverse constituencies.
● Awareness of best practice trends in polling research, survey design and public policy.
● Ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously directing all aspects of project life cycles.
● High degree of personal ownership and accountability to consistently deliver results and prioritize work in a fast paced and high-profile environment.
● Excellent presentation skills and confidence speaking in a variety of public settings.
● Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to relate to varying audiences.
● Ability to think critically, creatively, and strategically.
● Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a self-directed manner.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred Hiring Standards:
● Public Policy and Public Opinion polling research experience.
● Demonstrated experience with grant and/or contract writing.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $68,000 - $78,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Applications must be submitted online through e-jobs at https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106889.
All applications should include a cover letter and a detailed resume with the names and contact information of three professional references.
A resume does not take the place of work experiences on the application.
“Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.”
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Job Open Date 06/14/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106889 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Urban & Regional Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond