Senior Research Analyst 2
University Job Family
Research & Innovation
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Poll Director will be responsible for coordinating and
conducting all Commonwealth Polls and client-based polls for the L.
Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs. The Poll
Director will be responsible for the following:
1) Developing poll questions in collaboration with Wilder School
faculty, state and local policy makers, and key stakeholders;
2) Coordinating and managing the contract with the Call Center
3) Conducting poll research and developing design methodology and
sampling and analysis to ensure best practices;
4) Preparing all poll reports including cross tabs, top lines, data
visualization and infographics;
5) Maintaining the Commonwealth Poll website and social media
6) Working to bring in additional customer polling contracts for
local and state agencies and non-profits organizations;
7) Teaching up to two courses annually.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Minimum Hiring Standards:
● Masters Degree.
● 3 years of relevant experience conducting polling research.
● Experience conducting public policy analysis.
● Strong survey design and analysis skills.
● Experience polling in underrepresented communities.
● Experience presenting poll results to diverse
● Awareness of best practice trends in polling research, survey
design and public policy.
● Ability to manage multiple projects while simultaneously
directing all aspects of project life cycles.
● High degree of personal ownership and accountability to
consistently deliver results and prioritize work in a fast paced
and high-profile environment.
● Excellent presentation skills and confidence speaking in a
variety of public settings.
● Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to relate to
● Ability to think critically, creatively, and strategically.
● Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple projects
with competing deadlines in a self-directed manner.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as
an employee at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred Hiring Standards:
● Public Policy and Public Opinion polling research
● Demonstrated experience with grant and/or contract writing.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
$68,000 - $78,000
Application Process/Additional Information
Applications must be submitted online through e-jobs at
All applications should include a cover letter and a detailed
resume with the names and contact information of three professional
A resume does not take the place of work experiences on the
“Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action university providing access to education and
employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin,
gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political
affiliation or disability.”
Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
M-F, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application