Job Code/Title 82691 - H - Research Analyst 1 Position Number HU1472 Working Title Hourly Posting Department Ob/Gyn Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15-$20 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 10-29 Normal work days M-F Normal work hours 8-5 Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? Yes Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? Yes Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The research assistant will be integrated into the Women and Addiction team housed within the department of OBGYN at VCU . Working closely with the PI, the research assistant will be involved in research projects at various stages from planning/study design to data analysis and presentation. The research assistant will recruit, consent and maintain subjects in ongoing studies. Primary data collection, including in person surveys, interviews, and biological specimens, will be involved. He/she will be responsible for building RedCap databases in a secure fashion, entering and storing data. He/she will also draft, edit and submit IRB applications with the principal investigator. He/she will compensate subjects for their participation and keep track of funding for the projects. Standard operating procedures will be drafted by the research assistant for approval by the principal investigator. He/she will also assist with formulating grant applications, manuscripts and presentations for meetings. He/she will maintain data safety procedures in compliance with HIPAA and confidentiality of research subjects for all projects with the research team. He/she will conduct quality control assessments of data. He/she will be expected to work with trainees, including students and residents, on projects. Lastly, the research assistant will attend regular research meetings with the principal investigator and represent the PI when she is not available to attend meetings. If he/she has data analysis experience, there will be opportunities to analyze data collected from research studies performed. If the research assistant is interested, there will be opportunities for authorship on presentations and publications.
• Primary data collection (surveys, focus groups, biological specimens) in various settings (e.g., outpatient clinics, inpatient wards, labor and delivery)
• Recruitment of study subjects (e.g., flyers, direct contact in person or over phone, online advertisements)
• Informed consent of study subjects (i.e., in person, over phone)
• Data entry (i.e., paper and RedCap)
• IRB application preparation and submission (jointly with principal investigator)
• Participation in multidisciplinary research meetings
• Build RedCap and other secure databases
• Track subject compensation
• Assist with grant applications, research presentations and manuscript preparation
• Draft standard operating procedures
• Data analysis
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency in word processing, data entry, spreadsheet, database management
• Proficiency using RedCap
• Clinical skills (build rapport, basic medical knowledge, HIPAA compliance, ease in medical setting including those related to pregnancy)
• Organizational skills (structure meetings, present reports, data storage)
• Ability to work autonomously
• Clinical trial management experience preferred
• Statistical/programming skills preferred
Ability to work in diverse environment
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 06/14/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106915 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please describe your experience using RedCap?
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your experience with a)evaluation/research
design, b)data collection and c) data analysis, and d)report
writing. Years of experience in each area.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application