ASL Lab Coordinator
TheAmerican Sign Language (ASL) and
Interpreting Departmentat St. Catherine University invites
applications for aLab Coordinatorposition. This is a
regular, part-time position.
OurASLand Interpreting Departmentis nationally recognized for its ability to prepare undergraduate students for work with deaf communities, including preparation for certification for those who aim to work as interpreters. The department is comprised of diverse faculty members, reflecting our diverse student body. Applicants should be prepared to work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their training to lead and influence. TheLab Coordinatorworks half-time while school is in session.
- Familiarize students to theASLlab
experience, including establishing a safe, supporting learning
environment conducted solely inASL
- Designs and implements various language instruction and
immersion objectives and experiences both face to face (on-campus)
and virtually appropriate toASLproficiency practice
- Edit video material for lab instructional activities
- Maintain a direct line of communication with course instructors
and theASLprogram coordinator
- Provides 1:1 students feedback on understanding Deaf culture
andASLlanguage concepts discussed in
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and communities
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- DocumentedASLPIscore of 4 or above
- Experience using video editing programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Deaf Studies,ASLStudies, or related field
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity, and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Justin Small email@example.com.
Application deadline is July 14, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *HRQ: What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ: For any education beyond high
school, please list the degree or certification and the area of
(Open Ended Question)
- *What is your documented ASLPI score?
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Diversity statement