Architecture, Design and Construction Faculty, Part-Time
Community College of Philadelphia
The Architecture, Design & Construction Department at the Community College of Philadelphia is currently seeking to fill a Fall 2021 opening. Applicants will be considered for both studio design courses, as well as technical lecture courses. Daytime and evening teaching assignments are available.
The Department offers students degrees in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, Facilities Management, and an Architectural Visualization Proficiency Certificate.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
• Instructors will be required to teach both face-to-face as well as online via the College's Canvas system.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Qualified applicants must have a Master's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, or Facilities Management.
• College-level teaching experience and professional experience directly related to the area of assignment are required.
• Design Instructors must have proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD, Adobe Create Suite and SketchUp.
• Design Instructors must provide a portfolio of professional work and/or student work from prior teaching.
• Experience with Rhino and Revit is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 3 professional referenced REQUIRED.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.