Recruitment and Compensation Analyst
Recruitment and Compensation Analyst
Salary: $55,000.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1602877
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Human Resources
Closing: 7/9/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This position pays $28.20 per hour and at 37.5 hours per week is equivalent to $55,000 annually.
The Recruitment and Compensation Analyst reports to the Senior Manager of Recruitment and Employee Relations. The position provides confidential customer service, consultation, and analysis to the cross-campus community. as it relates to recruitment of staff employees, onboarding of student, staff and volunteer employees, and compensation analysis, requests and inquiries. This critical human resources team member is the first point of contact on staff recruitment requests and compensation questions.
- Assist hiring managers with the recruitment requisition process
from initial conversation to final cabinet approval.
- Shepherd new hire requisition through all of the College
- Train employees on use of our applicant tracking
- Assist with identification, training and managing of search
- Prescreen applicants in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS),
phone screen applicants, address applicant questions.
- Provide resources to search committee on unbiased hiring
- Manage air, ground transportation and lodging for candidates,
- Manage our advertising process, develop and maintain
relationship with our ad agency and other recruitment
- Administer the offer of employment process; consult hiring
managers on offer details, create offer letters, initiate
background check, complete reference checks.
- Manage records and retention per California Law.
- Liaison between employees (staff and faculty) and our immigration attorneys through the Visa process
- Manage budget and approve invoices as they relate to the
- Special project and committee work as required and
- In collaboration with and at the direction of Associate Vice
President of Human Resources and the Classification and
Compensation consultant, the recruitment and compensation analyst
will provide the administrative and operational support of the
compensation services within the human resources
- Analyze, evaluate PSDs (position source document) ensuring that
they accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents and
provide salary or grade recommendations
- Assist in completion and submission of salary surveys including
AICCU, Lasallian Survey, CUPA-HR, IPEDS, Bureau of Labor Statistics
(BLS) and others as needed.
- Prepare reports and conduct internal/external benchmarking
analysis for various positions as requested.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors about requisition
workflow and approval process.
- Ensure data tracking, collection, and perform general
administrative and organizational support related to personnel
files, and other confidential information.
3. Other Projects / Duties as Needed:
- Assist with Staff Day and Staff Awards celebrations.
- Training of staff members on the recruitment and compensation
Experience and Qualifications
REQUIRED: AA / AS
PREFERRED: BA / BS
Associate's degree in related field AND four (4) years of directly related human resources experience in recruitment, compensation or generalist; OR, Bachelor degree and two (2) years of directly related experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of human resource administration. Skill in performing accurate data entry. Skill in both verbal and written communication. Skill in problem solving and decision making. Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail.
Licenses & Certifications:
PREFERRED: PHR / SPHR
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys