GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community
college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites
applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor of Air
Conditioning to begin August 2021.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the
discipline to share in the teaching secondary and post-secondary
students. Courses taught include Electrical Motors and Components,
Gas Heating Systems, Electric Circuits and Controls, Air
Distribution, Materials, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Systems, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide instruction on the installation
of HVAC systems.
2. Provide instruction on performing minor and major repairs
of HVAC systems.
3. Provide instruction on conducting regular preventative
maintenance on residential and
commercial HVAC systems.
4. Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in
the HVAC shop area.
5. Perform regular diagnostic test on trucks and provide
instruction in the area of HVAC systems.
6. Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on unit
serviced and provide instruction.
7. Cultivate relationships with the HVAC advisory
committee membership to achieve program and college goals. Maintain
relevant industry curriculum with the establishment of program
level outcomes for the diesel program with the guidance of the
advisory committee members.
8. Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual
program enrollment of at least 25 students.
9. Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and
Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program
10. Assist with fundraising and grant writing for
the HVAC program.
11. Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes
and carry them out effectively as well as follow written
12. Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus
Management, Banner, Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Associate\’s Degree
or willing to work towards a degree in a related field, Arkansas
Air Conditioning License and HVAC Excellence
Certification. Three to Five years of work related experience.