Instructor of HVAC
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor of Air Conditioning to begin August 2021.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Electrical Motors and Components, Gas Heating Systems, Electric Circuits and Controls, Air Distribution, Materials, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide instruction on the installation of HVAC systems.
2. Provide instruction on performing minor and major repairs of HVAC systems.
3. Provide instruction on conducting regular preventative maintenance on residential and commercial HVAC systems.
4. Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the HVAC shop area.
5. Perform regular diagnostic test on trucks and provide instruction in the area of HVAC systems.
6. Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on unit serviced and provide instruction.
7. Cultivate relationships with the HVAC advisory committee membership to achieve program and college goals. Maintain relevant industry curriculum with the establishment of program level outcomes for the diesel program with the guidance of the advisory committee members.
8. Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 25 students.
9. Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program goals.
10. Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the HVAC program.
11. Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
12. Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, Banner, Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Associate\’s Degree or willing to work towards a degree in a related field, Arkansas Air Conditioning License and HVAC Excellence Certification. Three to Five years of work related experience.