Assistant Professor for its Department of Family & Community Medicine (Houston, TX)
- Provide patient care at our affiliated Northwest Health Center, a certified patient centered medical home.
- Mentor & teach BCM medical students on rotation at Center’s clinic.
- Attend Family Care Medical Grand Rounds.
- Support practicing evidenced based medicine. See & evaluate patients.
- Develop treatment plan for continuity patients.
- Participate in clinical meetings held with work group.
- Use Electronic Medical Record system to document patient encounters on time to enable billing operations.
- Handle orders for diagnostic services & referrals to specialists.
- Share call responsibilities within clinical group & provide medical care to patients.
- Meet or exceed quality indicators as developed & assigned by community health program performance improvement committee.
- Participate in clinical teaching & assigned professional development courses as requested by BCM’s dept. leadership.
- Perform outpatient & inpatient maternity care.
- Follow pregnant women through their pregnancies addressing preventive, obstetric, & medical care.
- Admit pregnant patients to OB family medicine Service at BCM’s affiliated Ben Taub General Hospital for all medical issues for deliveries.
- Perform vaginal deliveries & follow patients during immediate postpartum periods while in hospital & after discharge to clinics.
- Provide newborn care for all newborns delivered on our service at Ben Taub.
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- Hold or able to obtain a Texas medical license
- Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.