The Bursar is appointed by the Chief Financial Officer (with the approval of the President of the College), and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The appointee to this position will have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and administrators.
- Receiving and recording payments from students in the SonisWeb system.
- Crediting student accounts with financial aid awards when properly notified by Student Services.
- Submitting requests for student refund checks to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Making tuition refunds in line with policy when written notification is received from Student Services of a student’s withdrawal from the College.
- Notifying the Chief Financial Officer and Student Services of overdue accounts during the first week of each quarter.
- Preparing a daily reconciliation of tuition payments received, with SonisWeb figures and bank deposits, and printing daily backups for the files.
- Preparing a monthly reconciliation of grants disbursed and awarded to students on SonisWeb.
- Collect authorization from students who request that refunds be applied towards future tuition payments.
- Preparing a quarterly receivable aging report analysis to aid in reporting bad debts, per policy.
- Creating and maintaining payment plans for students
- Maintaining a schedule of overdue student accounts.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer or the President.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication, problem-solving, coaching, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate competitive nature, self-direction, motivation, and a sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Strong and inspirational communication skills, vibrant personality, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills are essential.
- Demonstrated evidence of sales orientation, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Possess an abundance of enthusiasm and maintain a positive disposition.
- Ability to travel daily and work weekends and evenings.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Outlook required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City