Full-Time Faculty position for Physician Assistant Program
Full-Time Faculty, under the supervision of the Program Director and Academic/ Clinical Coordinator, is responsible for the management and evaluation of the program’s academic and clinical components. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
Assists the Academic/ Clinical Coordinator with the following:
- Maintain accreditation by coordinating the efforts of the PA Program to meet and/or exceed the "Essentials."
- Maintain NY State Education Dept. (SED) registration of the PA Program by keeping the Program in compliance with the regulations of the Commissioner of Education.
Instruct first year, second year and culminating semester students in the following:
- Physical Diagnosis Lab Instructor
- Correlative Medicine Instructor
- Procedures Instructor
- Lecturing in area of expertise
- Advising first year and second year students
- Reviewing and grading Master’s projects
- Review academic/ clinical /culminating curricular content for appropriateness to PA practice
- Monitor evaluation of learning objectives
- Create and review academic and clinical exams
- Will participate on appropriate committees (as schedule allows) as requested by the Program Director.
- Participates in reaccreditation and program evaluation activities as deemed appropriate by the Program Director.
Education, Preparation, and Training
- Current NCCPA Certification
- Valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- A Master’s degree is required
- A Bachelor of Science from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Requires ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with frequent high levels of urgency or sensitivity
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills are required, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bay Shore
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bay Shore
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bay Shore
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bay Shore