Adjunct Faculty - Environmental Issues In Urban Community Health Nursing
Summary: The adjunct instructor (clinical) is responsible for effectively teaching students in assigned classes and /or clinical environments. In such assignments, the instructor is a member of the professional teaching staff, and as such is responsible for the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of the educational program in alignment with the Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN) Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals.
- Review and adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Use principles of Adult Education in determining teaching strategies and learning opportunities.
- Work with lead faculty to plan, implement, and evaluate assigned course offering to maintain quality and effectiveness.
- Monitor student progress closely provides advisement and follow-up throughout the term.
- Communicate with students, staff, and faculty promptly (within 48 hours).
- Serve as a liaison with clinical partners.
- Serve as a role model with consistent demonstration of professional characteristics including professional attire, punctuality, self-awareness (regular examination strengths and needs), effective communication (students, staff, and faculty), & respect confidentiality.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of technology, software, and programs (e.g. general use of a computer, Office 365, SIS- SonisWeb/Campus Management, LMS-Blackboard/Canvas, and audiovisual equipment).
- Attend faculty meetings and scheduled faculty development programs as requested.
- Maintain and enhance continued competence in the area of professional expertise and responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional teaching environment with an extension to the clinical sector for practicum experiences. This role routinely uses standard teaching equipment such as whiteboards, AV equipment/ projectors, computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Teaching may occur in a traditional classroom, skills lab, simulation area, clinical unit, and or remote learning environment including virtual classrooms, labs, and clinical experiences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time FACE TO FACE position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8 am and 9 pm. Hours vary by class schedule.
Required Education and Experience
- A masters’ degree in Nursing.
- At least one year of teaching experience at an accredited associate or bachelor degree program.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. More details about other duties can be found in the HFCN Faculty and Staff Handbook. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary or Full Time Perm
Pay: $70.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Adjunct Faculty: 1 year (Required)
- Master's in Nursing (Required)
Hours per week:
- 1 - 3 months
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- At Times
The current need is for Face to Face instruction. This role will be taking place in person and on campus. This is not a online teaching role.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New York City
- Education Adjunct Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New York City
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New York City
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New York City
- Nursing Adjunct Up to $29,000 Part Time jobs in New York City