Development and Annual Giving Officer
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Director, Annual and Major Gifts, the Development and Annual Giving Officer is responsible for the creation, implementation, and accomplishment of a comprehensive annual giving plan for Notre Dame of Maryland University, which includes the development of an organized matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving direct mail, a calling program, email and social media vehicles, reunion giving, and on-line donations. This position is responsible for the annual development and coordination of The Notre Dame Fund and Meletia Society campaigns, which support the greater institutional advancement and annual campaign goals of Notre Dame of Maryland University. The Development and Annual Giving Officer will also work closely with the Director of Advancement Services, Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations, and major gift officers to support overall campaign activities.
Essential functions will include:
- Work with the Senior Director, Annual and Major Gifts to develop, implement, achieve, and evaluate an annual giving campaign plan for NDMU that includes solicitation strategies for the Board of Trustees, alumnae/alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff.
- Work with Senior Director to determine annual fund solicitation goals and solicitation of Meletia Society prospects and renewal portfolios.
- Work with NDMUs Communications and Marketing departments to design, schedule and implement annual direct mail, social media and e-solicitation campaigns to include targeted Giving Days.
- Work with the Senior Director of Grants and Advancement Operations and Director of Advancement Services to perform data analysis related to all aspects of annual giving to evaluate current programs and recommend changes as needed.
- Manage annual projects to include writing acknowledgement letters and designing donor stewardship Christmas Ornament.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Institutional Advancement team to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for the annual fund. This includes collaboration with the Vice President, Senior Director of Grants and Advancement Operations, Research and Prospect Manager, and major gift officers on the outreach, personal cultivation, and solicitation of Meletia Society prospects.
- Assist with database management and documentation of donor records as needed.
- Work as part of an integrated and collaborative fundraising team to move the overall fundraising goals of the University forward
- Knowledge : Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience : Related experience in fundraising or development preferred. Practical knowledge of annual giving operations and best practices, as well as an understanding of donor engagement and stewardship is expected.
- Skills/Aptitude: Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to work independently and as a team member; Eagerness and enthusiasm for setting and achieving goals; Strong writing/proofreading skills; Keen attention to details; Metrics driven; Curiosity for learning, sense of creativity, and the willingness to take on new projects and acquire new skills; Ability to manage and prioritize complex tasks under strict deadlines; Ability to motivate others and the desire to work with a highly collaborative team; Proficient in the use of MS Office products, with a working knowledge of Blackbauds Raisers Edge, or an equivalent development database management software
- Working Conditions: In-person office environment. Evening and weekend hours occasionally required
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Margie Carney at email@example.com
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore