Head Strength & Conditioning Coach and Director of Fitness
The Director of the Fitness Center and Head Strength and
Conditioning Coach has responsibility for all aspects of the
Brumbaugh Fitness Center, as well as, the design, implementation,
instruction, and supervision of sport specific strength and
conditioning programs for the departments 24 varsity sports.
Specific Duties include:
- Coordinate, design, and implement sport specific strength and
conditioning programs in consultation with coaching staffs, ATCs,
- Manage, schedule, and facilitate team and individual
student-athlete use of the Brumbaugh Fitness Center and
corresponding sports performance spaces.
- Collaborate with student-athletes and ATCs to develop and
monitor fitness and rehabilitation programs as needed.
- Educate and advise staff and student-athletes regarding the
latest trends in sports performance, including; strength and
conditioning, injury prevention, sports nutrition.
- Manage all aspects of the fitness center including; staff and
student use; members and memberships; student and staff coverage
and trainings; equipment maintenance and purchasing; the
development, implementation and oversight of all policies,
processes, and safety protocols for use of equipment and
facilities, as well as sport specific training.
- Provide, develop, support, fitness related programming and
activities for general, students, staff, and members, as
- Identify, hire, manage Strength and Conditioning Intern and
- Coordinate, train, mentor, and help certify, sport coaches in
support of department strength and conditioning programs and
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Strength and Conditioning
Coach at the collegiate level, with preference given to those
serving multiple teams.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
• Certifications required:
o NSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist
o Current CPR /First Aid
Reports to the Director of Athletics and supervises Strength and
Conditioning Intern, student workers, and sport coaches assigned to
assist as part of their additional responsibilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as
such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of
thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well
as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is
committed to creating a welcoming community supported by
relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We
endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members
with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute,
and thrive. Please join us…
Open Until Filled
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Government Employment Agency
- Private Employment Agency
- Employee (please explain in follow up question)
- Relative (please explain in follow up question)
- Advertisement - Source (please explain in follow up
- Other (please explain in follow up question)
- If you were referred by a person, advertisement or other,
please explain here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References