Hall Director 999894
Xavier University is a Jesuit Catholic institution located 10 miles from the city of Cincinnati. Enrollment is about 7,500 total students. Residence Life houses just over 2,400 students in 12 facilities. The University encompasses eleven graduate programs including a doctorate program in psychology and eighty-three undergraduate majors in three colleges. As a mission driven university, we are seeking student-focused professionals to manage the day-to-day operations of our communities.
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
A Hall Director is a full‑time, live-in, 12-month professional staff member in the Office of Residence Life, and is responsible for developing and administering a comprehensive residence life program in their hall housing between 200-550 students. Included in this responsibility are the following:
- Coordinate the administrative, management and personnel functions of a residence hall.
- Developmentally supervise a Resident Assistant staff of 7-15 members. This includes creating a unified team, providing individual supervision, training and scheduling.
- Oversee all programming efforts of a residence hall. Programming focuses on the developmental needs of residential groups and is guided by the mission of the University. Faculty involvement and diversity education is highly encouraged.
- Maintain a HIGH level of student contact, visibility and availability.
- Provide counseling and referral for individual students with academic, career or personal concerns.
- Adjudicate student conduct cases
- Recruit, advise, and promote the area Hall Council/RSA.
- Assist the Physical Plant staff in creating a safe, comfortable environment by communicating maintenance and custodial concerns and actively addressing hall damage.
- Provide leadership and/or assistance to system-wide projects for the Office of Residence Life including RA Staff Recruitment & Selection, RA Staff Training, and advisement of Resident Student Association. Other task and committee responsibilities may include Staff Selection, Assessment and Learning Outcomes, and Staff Development.
- Serve on the professional staff on-call duty rotation.
- Communicate effectively with parents, faculty, and administrators as it relates to students' well-being. Significant interactions will take place between the Hall Director and members of Campus Police, Dean of Students Office, the Center for Diversity & Inclusion, the Learning Assistance Center, the Office of Student Success, Center for Faith and Justice, and the Health and Wellness Center.
- Assist with summer operations including summer school, supervision of Summer RAs, and the planning and preparation for the next academic year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Professional development funds, partially furnished, two-bedroom apartment includes basic furniture, air conditioning, dishwasher, washer/dryer, cable, data access, phone, free parking (reserved space), and Xavier Dining Dollars. Several apartments have exterior entrances. Salary starts at $36,500. HDs may have one or two small pets with deposit. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred and 1-2 years of Residence Life experience required.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
All candidates will need to submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by June 27, 2021 in order to be considered for the Hall Director position. Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati