Assistant Director, Academic Support 998515
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic Tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University has adopted an enhanced mission to support the holistic, academic, and professional development needs of all students. The Assistant Director, Academic Support and Goa position is aligned with important university and Enrollment Management Student Success retention and persistence goals. This position reports to the Director, Student Learning Support and Goa. The Assistant Director will perform a combination of strategy development, facilitation, and execution of the year-long Xavier University first year co-curricular program, Goa. Goa helps all first-year students gain knowledge and skills that complement their education. This position will be responsible for ensuring that each Goa section is staffed and that lesson plans incorporate active/experiential pedagogies.
This position will serve as an academic advisor/student success coach for a caseload of first and second year students, and coordinate the tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI) programs within the Office of Academic Support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate and manage the Goa program.
- Develop student learning outcomes and assess the Goa program.
- Help recruit, train, and oversee 55-60 Goa instructors from across the university.
- Serve as a success coach/academic advisor to a caseload of first and second year students to improve retention of students.
- Apply current research to autonomously make strategic and data-driven decisions with regard to caseload.
- Coordinate tutoring and supplemental instruction (SI) programs within the Office of Academic Support.
- Support strategic university-wide persistence initiatives and collaborate with campus partners.
Qualifications and Experience : The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree with two or more years of experience working in an education setting with students who are low-income or first generation college students. The Assistant Director should have demonstrated ability to work effectively with unique populations of students, e.g., students of color, transfer students, students on probation/returning from suspension, etc. Experience using Banner, Canvas, and EAB Navigate is preferred.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. The Office of Academic Support strives to develop a deep understanding of and respect for diversity among students and colleagues. Therefore, we encourage applicants from individuals who may help us achieve this goal.
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter tailored to this position which includes your interest, experience, and commitment to diversity and inclusion as it pertains to this role, and the names and contact information of three references on Xavier University's website by June 27, 2021 .
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati