Young Learner Instructor - Saturday Academy PT
Young Learner Instructor – Saturday Academy PT
Daley College is currently seeking a Young Learner Instructor Lecturer to teach during the Fall 2021 Semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- T ranslates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university and/or certification in related area and/or related experience
Experience in computer usage
Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!