Hourly Cashier I
About Highline College
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
Mission and Vision
As an essential part of our mission and vision , diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
Under general supervision of the Cashier Supervisor, use established guidelines and exercise independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks such as receiving and disbursing funds, preparing receipts, verifying daily records of receipts, consolidate cash receipts and deposits, recording monetary transactions, making adjustments to funds, maintaining records, and preparing bank deposits, prepare and input data to computer as required by Washington State and Federal Requirements.
This is an Hourly part time position averaging 16 hours per week to be determined at the time of hire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Customer Services - provide assistance and information, in person, by telephone and through email, to current and prospective students, staff, and faculty with regards to tuition, financial aid, customer accounts, and other college services;
- Process students' registrations, tuition and fee payments using a computerized cashiering system;
- Post payments to general ledger accounts and student account records;
- Reconcile daily transactions posted to computer system to the actual cash, checks, and credit cards;
- Identify and correct discrepancies;
- Maintain student account records, enter changes and issue periodic accounting reports;
- Disburse student loans and process financial aid transactions as directed by the financial aid office;
- Sell and distribute campus parking permits;
- Reconcile monthly sales transactions of parking permits;
- Communicate with other offices - gathering information concerning upcoming deadlines, current information, registration concerns, financial aid in order to troubleshoot and resolve problems for students. Coordinate with Admissions and Records for proper and accurate approval, preparation, and documentation of tuition and fees refunds to students and/or third party sponsors;
- Perform related duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Must have experience/training in the use of computers;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, specifically Student Financials;
- Experience with State Board Community and Technical Colleges systems;
- A manner that is accessible, timely, and responsive in dealing with customers;
- Ability to handle customer inquiries and complaints promptly and courteously;
- Willingness to 'go the extra mile' to satisfy customer needs and expectations when possible;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks in the same timeframe, handle interruptions appropriately and return to incomplete tasks;
- Track record of supporting teamwork and cooperation through open and honest communication;
- Proven ability to actively contribute to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals;
- Proven ability to independently compose written responses to emails and letters from customers with questions, problems, and informational needs;
- Proven and demonstrated ability to work with minimal or no supervision;
- Ability to remain professional in difficult and stressful situations involving internal and external customers;
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times;
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system;
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of Highline College.
- High school graduation or equivalent; AND
- Six months of fiscally-related experience such as bank teller or retail sales clerk.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Your online application must include the following to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position;
- A letter of application/cover letter that addresses your ability to meet the QUALIFICATIONS, and KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES for the position;
- Must pass a National Criminal Background Check;
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
TITLE IX COMPLIANCE
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines