About This Position: Florida Southern
College invites applications for a full-time Visiting Instructor
position in the Biology Department to begin in August 2021.
Education and Work Experience:
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach
undergraduate courses in Anatomy and Physiology, both lecture and
lab sections, equivalent to four courses during each academic
- Experience in gross human anatomy and organ system physiology
is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have completed a Masters or Ph.D.
degree in biology or related fields.
- Candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching and working
with undergraduate students.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to
excellence and innovation in undergraduate teaching and be skilled
in methods of engaged learning and the use of instructional
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled, but only complete
applications received by June 30th can be assured full
consideration. A complete application consists of a cover letter,
curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy (up to 500 words), names and
contact information of three referees, and unofficial graduate