Dual Credit Advisor
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, year round
Excellent benefits, including retirement
This purpose of this position is to provide educational advising, information and support to North Idaho College prospective and current dual credit students, area high schools and to NIC faculty and staff. This position works closely with the Dual Credit Coordinator to support dual credit students.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Advises students and parents on campus or in the prospective student’s high school on the distinctions between General Studies, Transfer Credit and Career/Technical (CTE) Dual Credit. Evaluates students’ academic or CTE pathway and counsels students regarding course selection dependent on track record and/or ability.
- Meets and advises students regarding class schedule, based on chosen pathway.
- Works closely with college recruiters and the NIC Dual Credit Coordinator to ensure all written and verbal communication disseminated to high school students, administrators, and staff is consistent with policies and current practices as related to admission process.
- Helps students to successfully navigate through the enrollment process.
- Assists students in understanding their needs for being successful in college and connects them to appropriate college and community resources.
- Provides interpretation of test results which affect enrollment qualification and course selection.
- Guides students in their progress toward graduation through the utilization and interpretation of institutional and/or departmental policies and applicable transfer requirements.
- Travels to regional high schools to provide advising and information.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s degree and two years full time experience advising; or high school or college experience required.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Must possess valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to conduct effective training and presentations
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Basic skills using student records system (Colleague preferred)
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of degree.
All application materials (resume and cover letter) must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: June 11, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: June 25, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene