Department Secretary, Office of the Dean of College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning
Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for a department secretary in the office of the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning. This position will serve as an integral role within the College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning. For many prospective applicants, this person will be their first point of contact regarding Graduate Admissions and will serve as their point of references throughout the admissions process. This role will work closely with the Director of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment to create stronger and more efficient customer service processes for all applicants. Customer service is an integral part of this position, thus meaning interpersonal skills are a must.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual salary $31,394.00 plus comprehensive benefits, including tuition waiver for self/dependents.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- Six months of current clerical experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, analytical, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Independent judgement, personal responsibility, and anticipatory thinking.
- Comfort with dynamic, fast-paced work environments.
- A sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and ethnic groups.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with others.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Successful interview (Including Word and Excel tests).
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Previous experience working in higher education.
- Worked with Slate or other higher education CRM system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville