Application Developer Analyst I
Application Developer Analyst I
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an entry-level Application Developer Analyst to join Enterprise Systems, a unit within UFIT.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position include:
• Duties related to data design, data accuracy, data replication, data transformation, metadata, and repository creation for the data warehouse, which is the data repository for all the information systems managed by UFIT.
• Troubleshoot and performance tune existing data warehouse applications. Make recommendations toward the development of new code or reuse/enhancement of existing code. Review processes that audit data synchronization for data corrections.
• Assist in the development, maintenance, and support of the data warehouse and corresponding data marts, including the development of near real-time and batched data marts, star schema design, operational reporting data marts, debugging and modifying program code, managing deadlines, and ensuring quality control practices are followed.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce and values diversity of thoughts, background, and experience. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people with different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching, learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s vision and mission.
$51,500 - $60,000 annually; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/
Associate's degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Understanding of data replication methodologies
• Knowledge of database functionality
• Structured Query Language (SQL) proficiency
• Database Explain plans and understanding of SQL tuning.
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must have:
• Problem solving skillset
• Desire to learn
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
• Cover Letter
• Resume or CV
• Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge