Department Secretary, Office of the VP of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management (9 month Academic
Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for a department secretary in the office of the VP of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management. This full-time position will provide administrative support to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, the Admission Office leadership team, and the Executive Associate to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. The position reports to the Executive Associate and will serve on a 9-month term from August to May.
The person in this role will work as both a team member and independently to solve problems and handle multiple priorities for the Division.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual salary $24,075.00 plus comprehensive benefits, including tuition waiver for self/dependents.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- High School diploma and six months of clerical experience or combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Excellent and effective oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Prior experience with procurement and working within a department budget.
- Ability to:
- adapt quickly to changing student, employee needs.
- maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- provide customer service in high volume office.
- organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments,
- perform detailed work involving written information.
- work under pressure.
- learn new skills as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, analytical, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- A sense of urgency and attention to deadlines.
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and ethnic groups.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with others.
- Successful interview (Including Word and Excel tests)
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- 2 Years of work experience in clerical/secretarial position(s).
- Prior professional work experience in an academic setting.
- Prior experience using specific systems (Banner, SAP, D2L Brightspace).
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville