Adjunct Instructor - American Sign Language
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: Multiple positions available for fall and spring semester. Summer semester is also available but not required.
This position is responsible for teaching up to 9 credits in the specified field of study as assigned by the Division Chairperson and for serving as advisor to students.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Becomes familiar with and initiates the orders for the assigned textbook(s) and prepares a syllabus for each course, which will be filed with the Division Office and the Vice President for Instruction prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Prepares classroom presentations and hand-outs.
- Prepares, assigns, and grades writing assignments, tests and homework in a timely manner; and delivers grades and attendance using the college computer system to the registrar on time.
- Schedules and maintains weekly office hours per college policy for the educational development and advising of students.
- Maintains schedule and contact information in college computer systems.
- Attends division meetings and works cooperatively with division chairs in program course development, program review, outcomes assessment, and accreditation issues, as well as continuously work towards the upgrading of present curricula or developing new curriculum.
- Receives training in and keeps skills current in using the electronic and physical equipment and software necessary to accomplish their teaching and advising activities, and makes recommendations for equipment and supply purchase and repair.
- Assists the library and instructional media departments in keeping the library collection current in one’s teaching field(s).
- Uses the recommended procedures and record-keeping for academic advising and advisor/advisee conferences, as outlined by the Advising department.
- Identifies student needs/problems to the extent feasible and provides the necessary connection to appropriate campus resources for resolution.
- Aids in recruitment and retention of students by assisting prospective and enrolled students with career and educational planning through information or through referral to resources on campus, in the community, or at other institutions.
- Informs prospective and enrolled students of requirements and expectations of their respective programs.
- Develops an understanding of and maintains a commitment to the mission of the community college.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution required. Experience in, and knowledge of deaf culture and communities is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong skills in American Sign Language
• Ability to work with a diverse range of students typically found at a community college
• Ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Internet, and alternative delivery systems (e.g., internet and interactive video) at a proficient level.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of degree if required for this position.
All application materials, resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts from highest or most relevant degree, must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: June 11, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: August 06, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- English as a Second Language Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene