Director, Dallas Metropolitan Small Business Development Center (Grant Funded)
Director, Dallas Metropolitan Small Business Development Center
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$75,000 - $120,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
150.00 per month
Responsible for business operations and financial administration of the organization. Provides project strategy, resource planning, coordination and execution of projects and analytics.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience to organize, plan and direct the daily activities of a department or organization. Advanced knowledge to develop, manage and implement departmental processes and procedures to meet vision, mission, and goals of the organization.
• Ability to drive implementation of key initiatives following policies and procedures or the district and organization.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Able to provide leadership that encourages employee productivity and efficiency.
• Advanced experience developing both short- and long-term strategies that meet business needs.
• Ability to lead committees and tasks forces to improve service and quality.
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds, both internally/externally, within and outside of the organization, with representatives of the community, employee, and public interest groups to meet the business needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that are demonstrated by being articulate, direct, and forthright, and serving as a collaborative and decisive team member and a strategic thinker with a broad perspective.
• Ability make clear consistent transparent decisions, acts with integrity in all decision making and distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information making timely decisions.
• Demonstrated organizational skills in planning, directing, and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and projects.
• Ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously and to respond to rapidly shifting priorities or challenging situations.
• Knowledge and experience of forecasting and managing the budget.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and has high ethical standards.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present and communicate with multiple levels in a diverse, multi-cultural community.
• Strong knowledge and experience in providing effective customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree plus two (2) years of business work related experience or Bachelor’s degree plus four (4) years of business work related experience. Official transcripts are required. Must have five (5) years of demonstrated supervisory experience. Must have current and valid Texas driver’s license for offsite travel. *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Preferred skills: Nine years of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities including supervising and managing.
Experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets
Experience managing grant programs.
Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, and a proven ability to manage staff
Experience managing economic development or business assistance programs.
Proven experience with establishing work standards/expectations and setting clear direction to meet goals and objectives
Proven experience motivating and engaging staff through effective communication and leadership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for planning, implementation and administration of small business assistance services offered by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) staff in the City of Dallas as well as other cities located in Dallas County.
• Responsible for strategy, design, planning, negotiation, execution, and management of effective internal controls for the Dallas Metropolitan SBDC.
• Follow up with clients to ensure they respond to post-counseling impact surveys and report fully on project results.
• Collaborate with small business clients that need assistance to grow and develop their business entity.
• Promotes SBDC activities and advocates public policies favorable to small business interests.
• Promotes existing relationships and establish new partnerships, leveraging the SBDC’s service offerings to drive economic development and market growth.
• Facilitates cross functional team collaboration between SBDC programs to drive execution of strategic initiatives and to maximize the value for the client, stakeholders, and community partners.
• Maintains a detailed knowledge of federal, state, local and other funding sources which may be used by clients to defray the costs of projects.
• Monitors and controls projects to ensure attainment of goals, client satisfaction and compliance with the requirements of funding sources and North Texas SBDC policies and procedures.
• Designs and executes a staffing plan to meet requirements through selection, training, evaluation, and supervision of assigned staff.
• Utilizes excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills when interacting with individuals from diverse backgrounds within the Dallas College community network.
• Supervise two (2) or more full-time employees.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 11 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 9 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas