Application Developer 3-4 - (STA007532)
Analyzes, develops and modifies complex application programs utilizing non-core, under minimal supervision. May provide support to enterprise systems.
- Codes, tests, debugs, modifies and troubleshoots application programs and ad-hoc programs in accordance with shop standards.
- Analyzes complex application processes and integrated computer systems and their underlying data structures; identifies and resolves problems.
- Defines, analyzes and documents business processes, practices and requirements.
- Assists users in testing business processes; defines, conducts and monitors system test procedures.
- Provides technical assistance and training to junior-level staff.
- Documents tables, data structures, run streams, and programs according to generally accepted practices.
- Develops technical documents pertaining to system design and programming requirements; develops user manuals.
- Uses non-core technologies to design, code, test, debug, modify and troubleshoot systems, such as voice activated responses, electronic data interchange and web interfaces.
- Learns new technologies and techniques.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Implement Windows 10 desktop instrument-control applications using C++ (98, CLI & 11+) and C# (.Net 3.5, 4.0) with Visual Studio (2008-2017) and Qt.
- Exhibit solid understanding of multi-threading, object-oriented programming, frameworks (.Net 3.5/4.0; Qt5), and UI design with model/view/control (XAML or QML).
- Create and use DLLs to interface Windows applications with 3rd party instruments and libraries.
- Routinely apply knowledge of image acquisition, motor control, image processing, computer vision, linear algebra, Fourier analysis and real-time systems.
- Implement processes with MATLAB, Python, OpenCV3+, CUDA, and Raspberry Pi as needed.
Bachelors and 3-5 years of experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston