ATSU - Admissions Coordinator AZ
A.T. Still University is seeking an Admissions Coordinator for the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Admissions Coordinator will report to the Director-Admissions, Arizona Campus and the Director, National Center for American Indian Health Professions (NCAIHP). This position will be responsible for duties within Admissions recruitment and within the NCAIHP. This position is responsible for coordination of admissions campus interviews, visitations and tours, residential file review and prescreening, Customer Relation Management (CRM) coordination retention emails and campaigns, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) tracking and interview preparation.
The Coordinator Admissions Residential will also handle coordination of NCAIHP CRM, maintenance of database for current students, and assist with office duties as assigned.
Major job duties include:
- Coordination and facilitation of interview days, escorting applicants and welcoming students.
- Providing accurate information, preparing details, and a welcoming/positive experience for applicants and faculty interviewers.
- Prescreening applicant files and making recommendations on status.
- Prepare all materials needed for efficient interview day and campus visit experiences for both applicant and guests, interviewers, and other constituents.
- Maintaining a NCAIHP database/CRM including data entry with an ongoing nurturing campaign.
- Regional recruitment activities, assist with materials, phone calls/emails for recruitment of American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) students.
- NCAIHP research related to ongoing projects.
- NCAIHP event and tour support.
- Responsible for CRM campaigns, applicants and accepted students via email, touchpoints, texts and possible phone calls.
Education and Experience: High school plus one year technical training or schooling. Basic computer skills; Internet; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; professional communication skills. Two to three years experience in an office environment or medical school. Knowledge of basic business functions, e.g., preparation of correspondence, reports, etc. Operation of basic office equipment (PC, printer/copier/scanner). Experience working in a medical or academic setting preferred, with knowledge of basic medical terminology. Excellent computer skills required to set up document formats in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, and any other software program required by the position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to follow directions and work well under pressure. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines. Ability to manage detail-oriented assignments and be flexible with job assignments.
- Must have two to three years’ experience in an office environment or large medical practice business background with experience in higher education.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to solve practical problems, sometimes under great pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with faculty/staff/students in professional manner.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- MS Excel and MS Word abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft® software, Windows® operating system, databases and basic computer skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability and flexibility to complete and maintain various job tasks as requested.
- Strong team-work attitude.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and general public.
- Experience in business or academic office setting
- Experience interacting with internal and community affiliates
- Ability to follow and share information regarding university policy and procedure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing, for in-person, phone and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Equipment Experience: Computer, copier, printer, fax machine, scanner, various software programs, multi-line, phone, etc.
Personal Characteristics or Traits: Strong communication & leadership skills. Work as a team member. Strong attention to detail. Ability to solve problems quickly and accurately. Able to receive constructive feedback and apply it effectively.