Executive Director Dental Hygiene
Posting Number F00110P Quick Link for Position https://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1882 Working Title Executive Director Dental Hygiene Position Number Department Dental Hygiene About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The university has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoors enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
The Executive Director of the Dental Hygiene shall be responsible for administering the Dental Hygiene Program. The Executive Director shall be directly responsible to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences.
Summary of Job Duties
• Participates in curriculum development, academic innovations, long-range planning, collaborative program planning and systematic evaluation of all aspects of the programs.
• Provides leadership for promoting and maintaining standards established by the American Dental Association ( CODA ) and other accrediting or approval agencies that impact the academic programs within the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Is accountable for collecting and analyzing outcome data for the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Maintains a comprehensive system of records for administration, faculty, and students; prepares reports for internal and external purposes; carries on correspondence relating to the business of the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Is responsible for administering selected budgeted components within the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Advises the Dean of the College of Health Sciences and appropriate others on trends and issues in radiography and forecasts needs for planning within the College of Health Sciences.
• Plans and prepares publications, brochures, and catalogs for the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships and serves as a spokesperson within the Dental Hygiene Program, College of Health Sciences, University, community, area hospitals, other health care providers, and professional organizations deemed essential to the Dental Hygiene Program and College of Health Sciences mission.
• Collaborates with the Dean of the College of Health Sciences to provide adequate physical facilities for the implementation of the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Reviews and recommends faculty for hire, dismissal, promotion, and salary increase based on evaluation procedures.
• Plans, organizes, and maintains an orientation program for full-time and part-time faculty.
• Collaborates with the Dean of the College of Health Sciences in approving faculty request for travel, leave of absence, and professional activities outside of the Dental Hygiene Program.
• Encourages faculty growth and development.
• Appoints faculty members to committees.
• Serves on committees and attends meetings as appointed.
• Delegates appropriate responsibility and provides guidance to faculty.
• Provides direction and support for improving effectiveness and efficiency of teaching by observing faculty in the classroom and clinical areas.
• Participates in the development and implementation of policies related to admission, retention, and progression of students.
• Provides academic advisement to students.
• Assists in planning and implementing student recruitment programs.
• Collaborates with the HLRC Coordinator to maintain and initiate contractual agreements with agencies.
• Collaborates with the HLRC Coordinator to ensure efficient use of instructional resources to facilitate student progress toward meeting objectives.
• Consistently participates in scholarly and service activities.
• Participates in the activities of the total faculty in ways that benefit the Dental Hygiene Program, College of Health Sciences, University, faculty, and students.
• Consistently maintains and enforces high academic standards.
• Collaborates with faculty and the Advisory Committee to assess the needs of the community and responds as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Health Sciences.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and to provide leadership for subordinates.
• Responsible for maintaining consistent on-time attendance.
• The duties listed above should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Duties may change as the job evolves.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current AR license (or be eligible for an AR license) as a Registered Dental Hygienist.
• Current CPR and local anesthesia/nitrous oxide certificate.
• Master’s degree in dental hygiene or related field.
• Experience in dental hygiene and collegiate education and administration.
• Hold membership in professional organizations.
Hold current AR license (or be eligible for an AR license) as a Registered Dental Hygienist and current CPR and local anesthesia/nitrous oxide certificate.
• Doctorate in dental hygiene or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience and leadership skills in the development of instructional materials including alternative delivery methods.
• Experience in development and implementation of online courses (Blackboard Learning System preferred).
• Implements well-developed teamwork and communication skills.
• Promotes teamwork
Special Job Dimensions
Must maintain current credentials in their field. Must provide evidence of current CPR certification, immunizations, and TB skin test or chest x-ray on annual basis. Work performed primarily in an office/classroom/clinical setting. Must travel to and from clinical sites. Extended hours occasionally required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. Required abilities include walking, standing for up to 12 hours, bending, reaching turning, listening, observation, and moderate to heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds. Must be physically and emotionally able to complete all job requirements.
This is an 11-month position.
Salary Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check, Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check, and Drug Screening. Position requires employee complete Arkansas Mandated Reporter training prior to employment.
Open Date 06/11/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Anticipated start date 08/01/2021 EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UA Fort Smith provides equal employment, admission, and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or gender identify. The University abides by all applicable employment laws.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, the University is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees with regard to recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, training, fringe benefits and all other aspects of employment.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Related Certifications
- Proof of Veteran Status
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Health & Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Other Health & Medicine Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith