Assistant Director, Academic Initiatives and Assessment
The Assistant Director, Academic Initiatives and Assessment is generally responsible for providing operational direction and responsible for delivering results for the Office of Housing and Residence Life’s residential curriculum. Advances the mission of the University by strategically expanding and enhancing living learning experiences. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other managers, professionals, and support staff.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
•Serves on the management team with the Director.
•Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
•Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
•Participates in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
•Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervision of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
•Responsible for ensuring that all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
• Plans and directs all educational and assessment efforts of living-learning communities (LLCs) and other residentially based academic initiatives. Collaborates with faculty and staff to develop learning outcomes and program implementation.
• Collaborates with LLC partners and university personnel to recruit participants. Ensures effective marketing and recruitment strategies for communities and programs.
• Responsible for the planning, implementation, and assessment of the residential curriculum. Provides annual report to department and campus partners regarding curriculum’s progress.
• Initiates outreach opportunities to support expansion of academic initiatives and LLCs on campus. Creates opportunities for the Housing and Residence Life program to support the academic mission.
• Assists with the LLC resident application process and coordinates LLC room assignments with the housing operations team.
• Recruits and selects faculty for the Faculty Fellow program. Ensures that faculty are supported and meeting the needs of the program.
• Oversees and provides strategic plan for all departmental assessment plan. Works with the Office of Institutional Research to compile residential student data.
• Manages budget and approves expenditures.
• Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Two years of professional full-time residence life or student development experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or related area.
Four years of professional full-time residence life or student development experience.
Experience with designing living-learning communities (LLCs), residential curriculums and assessment programs.
Experience with eResLife, and Mercury software applications and Banner Student Information System.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of residence hall operations and management of residential learning communities.
Knowledge of collegial student development theory.
Knowledge of program evaluation strategies, quantitative and qualitative assessment methods.
Excellent supervisory and teamwork skills.
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with faculty, students, staff, and the public.
Ability to assume responsibility, work independently, and take initiative.
Ability to work effectively and positively in an environment characterized by change.
Ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize that information to develop new programs and services.
Commitment to equity and social justice.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
$50,000 - $52,000 annually
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers