Research Liaison Officer - (STA007540)
Supports individuals and groups within the University of Houston in all phases of the funding process in an effort to fund projects in Research Science and Education. Collaborates with other research entities and private businesses outside of the University System to coordinate, develop, fund, and implement research projects.
- Identifies and maintains research alliances with potential collaborative partners to formulate and implement specific research projects.
- Coordinates and assists with writing funding proposals, and coordinates related activities with the appropriate university administrative department.
- Identifies technologies with high potential for commercialization and develop strategies to transfer technologies into the industrial sector.
- Serves on special projects at the discretion of the director.
- Acts a liaison between the office of research and the faculty and funding agencies.
- Coordinates visits of local, state, national, and international visitors; coordinates meetings/special events for external constituents.
- Serves as a program and administrative manager for the funding process functions; assists in grants and contracting process.
- Assists in developing and organizing research clusters and facilitates multiple Principle Investigator proposal development.
- Develops marketing plans for specific technologies, including newsletters, website, and press releases and announcements.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Additional Posting Information:
The department is willing to do experience in lieu of education.
To apply, the following materials should be marked relevant on your application:
2. Cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position
3. Contact information for three references
This position is housed in the College of Education- Office of Research and will report directly to the Associate Dean for Research.
Masters and 5 years experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a Master's Degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston