Custodian - Student Union Building
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week year round. Typically 11am - 8pm, Monday - Friday
Excellent benefits, including retirement
This position performs custodial maintenance and heavy duty cleaning of college facilities as assigned to ensure a clean and safe environment.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Vacuums and shampoos all carpeted areas.
- Cleans walls and woodwork, mirrors, ceilings, light fixtures, dry-erase boards, and restrooms.
- Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Washes inside and outside windows.
- Cleans outside entryways and picks up parking lot litter.
- Clears clogged drains and toilets or reports same to the Physical Plant.
- Refills all dispensers as needed.
- Cleans common areas, offices, restrooms, and custodial service rooms.
- Moves furniture and sets up meeting rooms, classrooms, or dining areas.
- Empties wastebaskets, collects recyclable items, and remove all refuse from buildings.
- Operates cleaning equipment as required.
- Sets up and monitors basic audio, video, and lighting systems.
- Assists customers during events, including troubleshooting basic facility and technical issues with audio, video, and lighting systems.
- Removes snow from buildings, steps, and entrances when required.
- Carries a two-way radio for communication with other staff and security.
- Locks and unlocks campus buildings as required.
- Reports potential problems, hazards, or emergencies to the immediate supervisor and/or security staff.
- Works consistently in a self-directed manner and without direct supervision.
- Engages in training opportunities including obtaining CPR and First Aid certifications (paid for by the employer).
- May require shift work and or weekends.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and six months of related experience or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of floor care equipment
• Good customer service skills
• Able to setup, tear down, and troubleshoot audio, video, lighting, and computer systems and/or to learn and use these skills on the job.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in English
• Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply simple numbers.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
All application materials must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: June 11, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: June 25, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time