Receptionist / Office Assistant (USSA)
Job Code/Title 81193 - H - Administrative Assistant GA 3 Position Number HU1493 Working Title Receptionist / Office Assistant (USSA) Department Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $17.00-$18.00 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days M-F Normal work hours 8-5 Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
This position is responsible for providing administrative support and general service to the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs and customer service to staff, faculty and other constituents of the University.
The receptionist/office assistant will predominantly assist USSA and student services (20 hours per week of the 29 hours) in the Raleigh building as follows.
• Assist with monitoring and responding to the USSA main email and phone line.
• Assist with management of the Student Services units calendar management
• Assist with document preparation related to the academic progress (i.e., ARAC, graduation preparation applications.
• Assist with the management of the change of major/minor process.
• Assist with outreach to students for retention purposes.
• Assist with event preparation.
The receptionist/ office assistant will also welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions. In addition, this person will aid department with small projects, mail sorting, supply inventory, photocopying and other duties as assigned for the Raleigh building and Scherer Hall while maintaining a working relationship with the Office Manager and work-study team.
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft software (Word and Excel), the Internet, general computer troubleshooting and typing.
• Must have basic math skills
• Careful attention to detail, initiative, and professionalism
• Good attendance, willingness to learn and demonstrated trustworthiness.
• The understanding of confidentiality and the ability to ensure the security of files and filing systems at all times
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Good organizational skills
• Able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 06/11/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106841 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond